I am excited to begin working with your team on the important tasks to complete your OnBoard configuration. As we prepare to meet again, I wanted to share an overview of what our upcoming sessions will be covering and ensure you know all the places you can go for help.
Within OnBoard, the Help area of the main navigation menu contains a Getting Started tour, Use Cases with guided walk-throughs, and access to the full Help Center where you can search and find articles and videos.
- As you navigate through the OnBoard platform, watch for icons and click on them for definitions and tips for the product.
As you work toward rolling out the meeting management software, here are the items you will want to focus on:
Initial Milestones and Tasks:
- Reviewing Organization Info and Organization-Wide Settings to make selections for your security and features
- Share the article of What Sites to Allow through Your Firewall with your IT to ensure OnBoard and its affiliated service providers will not be blocked
- Becoming familiar with Permissions to ensure you are maximizing and aligning them to your goals and the Board’s needs
- Preparing your Directory and creating Groups for each Committee and the full Board
- Working through the process and features around creating and publishing a Meeting
- Utilizing the Setup Remote Meeting feature
- Reviewing how meeting attendees can use the Annotation features
- Creating Meeting Minutes and reviewing how to route for review (Productivity Suite feature)
- Understanding Meeting Brief Emails and Notifications to ensure you know when they will be triggered and how they will be delivered
- Auditing your existing repository and organizing them under Resources
- Planning your Dashboard for initial launch and how to use strategically going forward
- Considerations for implementing Public Posting (add-on feature)
- Reviewing the advanced features and noting planned use cases and appropriate timing for when you would like to roll out
Looking ahead, we will continue with any outstanding items from the above list and also be planning for the launch.
- Testing and getting early feedback
- Preparing a communication using our email templates
- Enabling committee liaisons to contribute directly to meetings in OnBoard
- Determining when you want to offer training for your board members, officers, senior leaders, and other stakeholders
- Sending invitations from OnBoard for users to activate their accounts
- Completing your first meeting with OnBoard (readiness checklist)
- Arranging a debrief with me to set future goals after the initial launch
- Configuring user Roles and Terms for visualizations and reminders
- Introducing and using Actions to support meeting activities (Governance Suite features)
- Enabling your Global Admin account and extracting insights from Engagement Analytics (Productivity Suite features)
- Taking collaboration to the next level with our Messenger, Shared Annotations, and Task Management features (Collaboration and Productivity Suite features)
Please keep this checklist handy for our calls to review your progress!
Please sign in to leave a comment.