Members and Groups
Invite the other users who will be managing your portal and creating content inside OnBoard: Your Admin Team.
- Log in at https://app.onboardmeetings.com and head over to the Directory page.
- Next, click Add Members in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Choose Invite Members.
- Fill in your user's First Name, Last Name, and Email.
- Choose the user's Permission for OnBoard (For users who need to be able to create meetings but not modify the directory, choose Creator)
- Click Add Another if you wish to invite more than 1 person at a time, then repeat Steps #4 and #5 for that user.
- Click Next and include an optional custom message.
- Click Send Invitation.
Adding Additional Users
To populate your member directory with the remaining users, you have two options. You can add users with simply their name and email address using the steps from above, or you can do a bulk import.
Option 1: Add New Members
- Navigate to the Directory
- On the Members tab, choose “Add Members” in the top right and then “Invite Members”
- Enter the user’s contact information and set their permission (the default is Member which is appropriate for end-users).
- If you leave the 'send invite’ box checked, the user will receive a system-generated email invitation with a temporary password. If you uncheck the box, the invitation will not yet be sent. You can return to the Members list and send the invitations at a future date when you are ready for the launch.
Option 2: CSV Import
The CSV import process allows you to perform a bulk upload of your users to add them with their profile information. During the upload, users can be automatically placed into groups. In order to use this feature, you will first need to create the Groups within your Directory. Go to the Directory, click the Groups tab, and select “Create Group”. You will want to create a Group for the Board and each Standing and Ad-hoc Committee, along with any other segment of users that may require access to various meetings and resource content.
Next, get started with preparing the spreadsheet that will be used to do a bulk import of your users into OnBoard. You can download the spreadsheet template from within your OnBoard organization.
- Navigate to the Directory menu, select “Add Members” and then “Import CSV”. Here you will find a link to the template.
- Please reference the Article: Formatting CSV Template for Bulk Import of Users for tips as you enter in contact details.
When you have the spreadsheet ready, you can proceed to import the file in the Directory. You'll choose Add Members and then Import CSV. After you browse for the file, it will display on the screen and let you know if there were any errors. If no errors are reported, please proceed but be sure to scroll to the bottom of the list. You can uncheck the box so that email invitations do not automatically get sent at this stage.
OnBoard gives you the ability to put users together into groups in order to easily assign access to meetings and resources for multiple user accounts all at the same time.
For more information on this topic, and user management, check out the following articles: