Meeting Administrators can now sync their OnBoard calendar with their primary calendar. This functionality works with Outlook, Office 365, Exchange, Google and Apple calendars. Here are instructions on how to get up and running.
How to get started:
There are two ways to get set up, the first is directly from your meeting, and the second is from your settings area. feel free to pick whichever option you prefer.
Getting Started: Option One
From the meeting:
- Go to "publish" your meeting
- Click "set up calendar"
3. Follow the prompts from Cronofy (our integration partner who we leverage to help provide this calendar integration) to link to your chosen calendar
Getting Started: Option Two
From the settings:
- Go to your Profile and select the Settings Tab
- Under Calendar Integration, click the button to “Link Calendar”
3. From there, follow the prompts from Cronofy (our integration partner who we leverage to help provide this calendar integration) to link your chosen calendar
Sending a calendar invitation:
- To send a calendar Invitation, check the box at the bottom where it says “Send Calendar Event from Calendar”
- When you click on “Calendar”, you’ll be able to choose which calendar you want to send the invitation from
- Then click “Next”
4. Remove anyone you don’t want to include for your meeting
5. Then click on "Create Calendar Event" to send the invite out
Managing the invite & invitees:
There will be a few easy ways for you to manage your calendar events to add & remove invitees, update the event, & delete the event. Click the “Manage Calendar Event” button to perform any of these actions.
- If an invite has already been sent and you are adding new attendees to your meeting, you will be prompted with the choice to add those new attendees to the invite
- If you are deleting attendees who were already invited from your meeting, they will be removed from the calendar invite as well
You will be able to track your RSVPs in the calendar you used to send the invitations. RSVPs from that linked calendar will always track back to OnBoard, so you’ll be able to view them on our platform
Who can sync their calendar to OnBoard?
Only meeting admins (organization admins & creators) can sync their calendar and send out invites for their OnBoard meetings. Note: the meeting organizer will not receive the calendar invite to their Inbox (it will post directly to their calendar).
Can I connect multiple calendars?
Yes, users can sync up multiple personal calendars to their OnBoard accounts if/as needed. Note: If you utilize a shared meeting calendar, you may need assistance from your IT as you will need the password to sync the calendar to OnBoard.
What will happen if I have multiple OnBoard organizations?
If a user has multiple OnBoard organizations that they wish to sync up, they will need to sync each org with that personal calendar. This will be a simple linking process, but we must implement it in this way to respect privacy needs across orgs. We will look to enhance this down the road if/as possible.
Can I send an invite to a subset of the people added to my OnBoard meeting?
By default, all invitees will be selected to send an invite to, but you can remove people from that invite list and manage the invitees later as needed. Note: Managing invitees to the OnBoard meeting must be done in OnBoard. Simply forwarding or adding additional attendees on the calendar invite will not add them to the invitee list in the OnBoard meeting.
Will RSVP track back into OnBoard?
Even though not all users will have their calendars synced, we are able to pass the RSVPs through the meeting admins linked calendar back into OnBoard. Note: The RSVP option on the calendar invite observes the default setting whereby it requests responses. You cannot currently change the Response Options. The organizer will receive an email when an attendee on the calendar invite submits their RSVP.
What changes can I make directly to the calendar event?
- Only the organizer of the calendar event may change the calendar invitation directly from their calendar; however, another meeting Admin can update the Date, Time, and/or Location of the meeting directly in OnBoard which will trigger to send an updated notification and calendar event.
- Deleting a calendar event does not delete a meeting in OnBoard.
- Forwarding or adding additional attendees on the calendar invite will not add them to the invitee list in the OnBoard meeting.
- If the organizer modifies the body of the invite directly from the calendar event and then later modifies the meeting in OnBoard and adds a custom message to be sent with the notification, the custom message will override any text in the body of the calendar event.