If you're experiencing issues logging into OnBoard, the following list may help to address the most common causes of login difficulty.
Check your network connection and firewall settings
- Be sure you are connected to the internet and that your connection meets our minimum requirements listed in this article. You can check your network speed with Speedtest.net, Fast.com, or using Google's Internet Speed Test.
- OnBoard uses several different domains and sites for communication, many of which are required for proper functionality. Be sure these are allowed through your firewall and network security by referring to our guide OnBoard Access: What Sites to Allow through Your Firewall.
Verify that your OnBoard account is not locked out
- Whether logging in normally with your OnBoard ID and password, using a third-party authorization service or accessing using your Sigle Sign-on (SSO) service, if your main OnBoard account gets locked out, you'll see a "Locked out" error.
- You can unlock your account by resetting your OnBoard password using the steps in this article. Once reset, you'll be unlocked and able to log in!
Double-check that your email address, temporary password, or Two-Factor code are entered properly
- If you use auto-fill or saved credentials in your browser or mobile device, try to manually enter your login info. There may be occasions where a mistyped email address could be saved and cause login issues.
- Temporary passwords and Two-Factor codes can sometimes be copied and pasted with a space before or after. Try to remove any spaces or manually enter your password and authentication codes.
Use the most recent password reset link or authentication code
- There may be times when you try to reset your password or try to log in using Two-Factor authentication, and you've received several emails or codes in a short period of time.
- Always be sure to use the most recent link or code from OnBoard password reset emails and authentication emails/text messages.
Check for updates
- Verify that your OnBoard mobile app is up to date. You can see this article for steps on updating the OnBoard apps.
- You'll also want to be sure that your browser or your mobile device's operating system version is up to date. Review our OnBoard Browser and Device Requirements to check that your browser or device matches our minimum requirements.
Have an Admin or other user in your organization check your OnBoard ID
- An Administrator or other member of your OnBaord Organization can go to Directory or click on your name or profile image anywhere in OnBoard to view your profile information. The email address listed here will be what you use to log in. If you've lost access to this email address and can't reset your password, your Admin can refer to Recovering Permissions for a user who has lost access to an account.
- If an Administrator of your organization doesn't see you in the Directory they may need to send you a new invitation or check that they didn't invite you using a different email address.