Welcome to OnBoard and the Passageways family!
Our customer success team is invested in your success and will be with you during the setup of your portal through to the launch and adoption of the solution by your users. The basics of getting your portal configured and content added can be done within a few hours so that you can begin extracting value from your investment.
When you first log into OnBoard (https://app.onboardmeetings.com) please take advantage of the Help menu in the navigation where you can launch guided walk-throughs for all areas of the portal. You can also access guides in the Help Center.
There may still be sample data that was pre-loaded into OnBoard that you want to delete or review the permissions on if you would like to keep them for now, but ensure they are only visible to you as administrators.
Let's get started!
Start Here: Organization Info
On this page you will manage settings that apply across the entire platform.
- Review the name of your portal and add address, phone, email, and website details.
- Upload your logo. This will appear along with your organization name on a selection screen to users who serve on multiple boards and need to toggle between their OnBoard portals.
- Be sure your time zone is correct and then then proceed to review and enable any settings you wish to control access to certain features, downloading capabilities, and set additional authentication requirements. Note: most groups use the default agenda and do not require changing the other settings.
Next Step: Adding Users
To populate your member directory, you have two options. You can add users with simply their name and email address, or you can do a bulk import.
Option 1: Add New Members
- Navigate to the Directory
- On the Member List, choose “Add Members” in the top right and then “Invite Member”
- Enter the user’s contact information and set their role (the default is Member).
- If you leave the ‘auto email’ box checked, the user will receive a system-generated email invitation with a temporary password. If you uncheck the box, the invitation will not yet be sent. You can return to the Member List and send the invitations at a future date when you are ready for the launch.
Option 2: Import CSV
The CSV import process allows you to perform a bulk upload of your users to add them with their profile information. During the upload, users can be automatically placed into groups. In order to use this feature, you will first need to create the Groups within your Directory. Go to the Directory, click the Groups tab, and select “Create Group”. You will want to create a Group for the board, committees, senior staff, and any other populations of users that may require access to various meetings and resource content.
Next, get started with preparing the spreadsheet that will be used to do a bulk import of your users into OnBoard. You can download the spreadsheet template from within your OnBoard organization. Navigate to the Directory menu, select “Invite” and then “Import CSV”. Here you will find a link to the template. Please reference the Article: Formatting CSV Template for Bulk Import of Users for tips as you enter in contact details.
When you have the spreadsheet ready, you can proceed to import the file in the Directory. You'll choose Invite and then CSV Import. After you browse for the file, it will display on the screen and let you know if there were any errors. If no errors are reported, please proceed but be sure to scroll to the bottom of the list. You can uncheck the box so that email invitations do not automatically get sent at this stage.
OnBoard Setup: Dashboard, Resources & Calendar
- On the Dashboard you will want to decide what is important to include on your welcome panel as it does not have to be a mission or values statement, but it should contain your logo. If you have an upcoming event, you can spotlight that with an announcement or use the announcement panel for a simple welcome to OnBoard and who to contact with questions (feel free to add my contact info). You can also skip the Dashboard for now and come back to it once the rest of the portal is ready.
- If you did not use the CSV Import Option to add members, navigate to the Directory. At the top of the page is the Groups tab where you will create groups for your Board of Directors, Board Committees, a Task Force, the Leadership Team, and any other groups. These are important to establish as they will be used when you are assigning access to meetings, required actions like voting, and resource materials.
- After you create a Group, use “Manage Members” in the top right to select the users and assign them a “Member” role. You should all be set as “Administrators” if you need to help maintain the group and/or give the group access to meetings, resources, or other items in OnBoard.
- Add some folders into the Resources – some examples are annual reports, past meeting minutes, policies, member orientation materials, etc. Click on the folder to create subfolders and/or drag the documents from your computer into the folder. Review the types of files that can be used in OnBoard.
- Re-create a recent meeting in the Calendar view for practice and future training of members. You can use the Import Agenda tool to upload the last meeting’s agenda or start from scratch by selecting “Compose Agenda”.
- Within the Compose Agenda view, you are building the agenda outline. You can add sections/subsections, delete entire sections, and quickly drag and re-order sections.
- On the Meeting Details page, you will also see your agenda sections. You can drag and drop files from your local files or a shared drive directly onto the section and they will upload and attach to the sections.
- You can also click on an agenda section title to open the Section Details to the right. Here you can fill in details like a description, the start time or duration of that section, and presenters.
- Meetings are Unpublished by default and only the person who created the meeting has permission until you Edit Permissions and assign the attendees using the Groups and Members list. Setting them as a Reader gives view access once the meeting visibility is changed from unpublished.
- Once you have a ‘template’ of each type of meeting, you will be able to easily hover over a meeting in the calendar and click on the 3 dots to the right to copy that meeting. This will start the next meeting and carry over the agenda outline, retain your meeting permissions, and remember the meeting settings (enabled page numbers and/or table of contents).
- Staff who will help build the agenda and/or add reports to OnBoard can be added as a Contributor to an entire meeting. An individual that is given Reader permission to a meeting can also be elevated to a Contributor of specific sections if they will simply add files to existing sections that they are responsible for.
- If you have the Actions tools in your OnBoard menu, you can continue your setup by reviewing the community article on Using Actions for Approvals, Surveys & eSignatures.
- Recording: Understanding Permissions in OnBoard
- Article: OnBoard Master Permission List
- PDF: Administrator One-Page Quick Reference Guide
Email templates you can use to communicate and prepare everyone for the OnBoard roll-out can be found here.
Please reach out to your implementation manager with any questions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.