This Acceptable Use Guidelines policy (“Policy”) outlines unacceptable use of Passageways Software- as-a-Service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), or any other offering of Passageways, which interact with, or access, the Internet (the “Services”). This Policy is in addition to any other terms and conditions under which Passageways provides the Services to you.
Passageways may make reasonable modifications to this Policy from time to time by posting a new version of this document in the Passageways Trust Center at https://trust.onboardmeetings.com. Revisions are effective immediately upon posting. Accordingly, we recommend that you visit the Passageways website regularly to ensure that your activities conform to the most recent version.
Questions about this Policy (e.g., whether any contemplated use is permitted) and reports of violations of this Policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
II. Acceptable Behavior
You are solely responsible for your conduct and your data related to the Services. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Passageways and its suppliers from any and all loss, cost, liability and expense arising from or related to your data, your use of the Service, or your violation of these terms.
The Services are made available to you, your company, and/or your customers only for personal or commercial use, which use must comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, and must not infringe or violate third party rights.
III. Unacceptable Behavior
The examples listed in this Policy are not exhaustive. Prohibited uses and activities include, without limitation, any use of the Services in a manner that, in Passageways’ reasonable judgment, involves, facilitates, or attempts any of the following:
- Any modification to our products/services stack or other use that can be reasonably expected to impact availability, stability, or integrity of the production and/or standby environments
Violating any law of, or committing conduct that is tortuous or unlawful in, any applicable jurisdiction
Displaying, performing, sending, receiving, or storing any content that is obscene, pornographic, lewd, lascivious, or excessively violent, regardless of whether the material or its dissemination is unlawful
Advocating or encouraging violence against any government, organization, group, individual or property, or providing instruction, information, or assistance in causing or carrying out such violence, regardless of whether such activity is unlawful
Expressing incendiary content, or any content which could be considered “hate speech”, with the intent to denigrate or defame groups of any kind, to include but not limited to any group identified by religion, race, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation
Accessing, sending, receiving, displaying, performing, disclosing, storing, or executing any content a) in violation of any copyright, right of publicity, patent, trademark, service mark, trade name, trade secret or other intellectual property right, b) in violation of any applicable agreement, or c) without authorization
Deleting or altering author attributions, copyright notices, or trademark notices, unless expressly permitted in writing by the owner
Interfering with service to any user, site, account, system, or network by use of any program, script, command, or otherwise
Introducing or activating any viruses, worms, harmful code and/or Trojan horses
Sending or posting unsolicited messages or e-mail, whether commercial or not, a) to any recipients who have requested that messages not be sent to them, or b) to a large number of recipients, including users, newsgroups, or bulletin boards, at one time
Evading spam filters, or sending or posting a message or e-mail with deceptive, absent, or forged header or sender identification information
Holding Passageways or its affiliates up to public scorn or ridicule; and/or
Reselling Passageways’ services, in whole or in part, to any entity or individual, without Passageways’ prior written consent, or misrepresenting your relationship with Passageways
- Obtaining unauthorized access to any system, network, service, or account
- Any behavior:
- Compromising the integrity of the Services to include, but not limited to, probing, scanning, and/or testing the vulnerability of any system or network which hosts the Passageways’ Services, without prior explicit authorization from Passageways
- Tampering with, reverse-engineering, or hacking our Services, circumventing any security or authentication measures, or attempting to gain access to the Services, related systems, network or data
- Deciphering any transmission to or from the servers running the Services
- Overwhelming or attempting to overwhelm Passageways’ infrastructure by imposing an unreasonably large load on our systems which consume extraordinary resources (CPUs, memory, disk space, bandwidth, etc.), such as using robots, spiders, offline readers, or other automated systems to send more request messages to our servers than a human could reasonably send in the same period of time by using a normal browser or device
- Consuming an unreasonable amount of storage for data, in a way which is unrelated to the purposes for which the Services were originally designed
IV. Consequences for Violation of Policy
Violations by you or your company, or any other party authorized to access and use the Services, including use by Third Party Users, of the regulations listed under Acceptable Behavior and Unacceptable Behavior of this Policy may result in immediate removal of offending materials, blocked access to, or partial or full suspension of Services, or other reasonable actions appropriate to address the violation, as determined by us in our sole discretion. We shall make reasonable efforts to contact you so that violations may be addressed voluntarily by you, however, we reserve the right to act without notice when necessary to preserve the stable, secure, and uninterrupted operations of the Services, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
You may be asked by Passageways to bring the offending or breaching materials in compliance with this Policy. Any costs incurred by you in conjunction with this shall be borne solely by you and your company.
We may involve and will cooperate with law enforcement agencies and government agencies if criminal activity is suspected. Violators may also be subject to civil or criminal liability under applicable law.