When you log into OnBoard (https://app.onboardmeetings.com) please take advantage of the Help menu in the navigation menu. Under Getting Started, you will find guided walk throughs of the portal. I recommend checking out the Use Cases, which will provide step by step guided walkthroughs for all areas of the portal.
When you are ready to proceed with additional configuration steps, below is a suggested order:
1. Core: Start at the Dashboard (home icon) and review the Organization Info tab to enter a logo, confirm your time zone, and review the global settings. If you have an upcoming event, you can spotlight that with an announcement or use the announcement panel for a simple welcome to OnBoard. You can also skip the Dashboard for now and come back to it once the rest of the portal is ready. Creating and Customizing the Dashboard.
1.1. Collaboration (if applicable): For the actual Dashboard, you will want to decide what is important to include on your welcome panel as it does not have to be a mission or values statement, but it should contain your logo. If you have an upcoming event, you can spotlight that with an announcement or use the announcement panel for a simple welcome to OnBoard. You can also skip the Dashboard for now and come back to it once the rest of the portal is ready. Creating and Customizing the Dashboard.
2. The key to OnBoard is understanding the different levels of Permissions. Since OnBoard is permission-based, you must remember to permission your users to the items you want them to be able to view and take action on. I highly recommend dedicating some time to check out the following resources on Permissions.
3. Navigate to the Directory:
- Inviting Users: There are two different ways to add users to your portal. You can either invite users individually or use the CSV import feature to invite users in bulk. I recommend checking out the following article for step-by-step instructions of both ways to invite your users: Inviting Users to your Organization (Individual & Bulk CSV Import) At this point feel free to delete sample members from your organization.
- Now that you have invited your users to the portal it’s time to set up groups. At the top of the page is the Groups tab where you will create groups for your Board of Directors, Board Committees, a Task Force, the Leadership Team, and any other groups. These are important to establish as they will be used when you are assigning permissions to meetings, Resource folders, and required actions like voting, and resource materials.
- Training Article & Video: Creating and Managing Groups
4. Navigate to the Resources: Resources is perfect place to store commonly-accessed documents – some examples are annual reports, past meeting minutes, policies, member orientation materials, etc.. Click on the folder to create subfolders and/or drag the documents from your computer into the folder. Review the types of files that can be used in OnBoard. Assign Permissions.
5. Navigate to the Calendar:
- How to create a meeting.
- How to create and agenda & upload documents.
- Managing Meeting Permissions and Agenda Permissions.
- Meeting visibility states.
- Feel free to browse the entire list of training articles related to Meetings.
- PDF: Administrator One-Page Quick Reference Guide
- PDF: End-user Quick Reference Guide (for your members!)
- Governance (if applicable): Approvals, Surveys, & eSignatures
- Productivity (if applicable):
- Mobile Resources
- Email templates you can use to communicate and prepare everyone for the OnBoard roll-out can be found at HERE.
- If you are unsure of your package type you can find out by going to your Dashboard and clicking the Plan Details tab
Check out all of our Training Resources located on our Help Center.