This article can be helpful in correcting the following issues:
- Board book failing to build.
- Agenda shortcuts skipping to the incorrect section of the board book.
- Annotations displaying incorrectly in the board book.
- eSignatures displaying in the incorrect orientation or position.
- Documents uploading but missing from the board book.
- User receiving a Network Error when viewing a board book that uses section permissions.
The majority of times that a user typically experiences any of the issues described above can be associated to a PDF file with corrupt or inaccurate metadata. Once the file that has been causing the issue has been located, the following fix can be applied to re-create it's metadata, correcting the underlying cause of the problem.
How to correct the file metadata:
1. Open the document in Adobe PDF Reader, or in your web browser.
2. Go to "Print".
3. Under Printers, select "Microsoft Print to PDF"
4. Go to the bottom of that same popup, and you'll see "Orientation". Change it from "auto portrait/Landscape" to just "landscape" or just "portrait" according to how you want the document to display (This step is only necessary if there is an issue with the file orientation).
5. Press Print (you aren't actually printing, this will pull up a save screen).
6. Once the document is saved, upload it to OnBoard.
The above process not only corrects inaccurate or corrupt data, but it also recreates the metadata of a file using Microsoft's standard format - which tends to be more compatible with several platforms.