The Organization Administrator is the most important role in OnBoard; without one an organization will be left with no ability to add new items, invite users, or manage permissions. An Administrator leaving without delegating permissions could leave your organization in a situation where there are currently no Administrators listed in your Directory. But don't worry, we can help!
- Be sure to always have at least one extra Organization Administrator as a backup in case someone is ill or removed from the organization.
- Before an Organization Administrator leaves, have them Delegate their permissions to another user using the steps in this article: OnBoard Administrator Permissions Delegation.
Recovering Permissions with OnBoard Support
An Organization Administrator is a very high level of access and will require authorization before OnBoard Support can process the transfer of permission:
- OnBoard ID Email address for the previous Organization Administrator
- OnBoard ID Email address for the new Administrator(s) (It is strongly recommended to have more than one Organization Administrator)
- An email or written permission from a C-Level member of your board (CEO/CIO/CTO/President/Chair of the Board/etc), permitting OnBoard Support to perform the delegation of Permissions to the new Administrator.
Once you have that information, you can reach out to OnBoard Support in the following ways:
- Submit a ticket through this Help Center form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call us at 765-535-1880.
- Contact your Customer Success Manager.
OnBoard Support will notify the requestor once the delegation(s) have been completed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.