With our release of OnBoard 2.6.1, we have introduced the new security feature of IP Filtering. This article discusses how to set up IP Filtering for your Organization. Please make sure you have also read our How To: Enable IP Filtering for your Organization article.
For a video overview, please watch our OnBoard 2.6.1 Release Video.
**A reminder, your organization needs to have all mobile devices updated before you begin this process. If any are not updated, they will be treated as if they are in Offline mode. They will not be able to view any content in OnBoard (except for any Board Book that's been saved for Offline viewing).**
IP Filtering Setup
- After IP Filtering is enabled, you can find the tool at the bottom of Organization Info in the OnBoard Web App, labeled "Limit Access by IP Address"
- Check the box next to Limit Access by IP Address to enable Filtering:
- This will bring up the window to set the IP Ranges
- Click on Add Another Range to set the IP ranges
- You'll set the ranges here. Please speak with your Organization's IT team to identify the IP addresses you'll need to enter in the image above.
- Once you've set the range, you can set additional ranges as needed (This would be used if you have multiple locations you trust your Board Members to access OnBoard from), as shown in the image below
- You are able to set exceptions to the IP Filtering, to allow trusted members to work outside of the set IP Ranges. Clicking on Set Member Exceptions
Brings up this pop up menu
From here, type the name(s) of the users to grant exceptions to.
- When users attempt to log in to OnBoard outside of the set IP address range, they will be taken to the Organization selection screen, where they will something like this:
- Admins are unable to set exceptions until after they have set IP Address Ranges.
- If you set IP Address Range(s) and you are not in one of the ranges set, you will be immediately taken to the Organization Selection and will be unable to log in to your Organization.
- If this happens, please contact Passageways immediately and we will assist you with deactivating IP Filtering for your organization.
- When IP Filtering is enabled, Offline Mode will not work for any user.