This feature is available to our customers with the Enterprise suite level. If you have this package, but you do not yet see it available in your Settings, please be sure to have a look at the Enabling the IP Filtering Security Feature in OnBoard help center article before following the steps in this article.
For a video overview, please watch our OnBoard 2.6.1 Release Video.
**A reminder, your organization needs to have all mobile devices updated before you begin this process. If any are not updated, they will be treated as if they are in Offline mode. They will not be able to view any content in OnBoard (except for any Board Book that's been saved for Offline viewing).**
IP Filtering Setup
- After IP Filtering is enabled, you can find the tool by navigating to the Settings button in the main navigation, then selecting the Security Tab at the top of the page.
- Toggle ON the switch to enable Limit Access by IP Address
- This will bring up the window to set the IP Ranges
- Set the valid/allowed IP Ranges in these fields. Click Add Another Range to add more than one set of ranges to the allowed list (This would be used if you have multiple locations you trust your Board Members to access OnBoard from).
- Please speak with your Organization's IT team to identify the IP addresses you'll need to enter in the image above.
- When users attempt to log in to OnBoard outside of the set IP address range, they will be taken to the Organization selection screen, where they will something like this:
- If you set IP Address Range(s) and you are not in one of the ranges set, you will be immediately taken to the Organization Selection and will be unable to log in to your Organization.
- If this happens, please contact Passageways immediately and we will assist you with deactivating IP Filtering for your organization.
- When IP Filtering is enabled, Offline Mode will not work for any user.