With the introduction of the OnBoard ID, users now have the ability to link and unlink the two Federated Identity Providers (Google and Microsoft) to their OnBoard ID. Please follow the steps outlined below to link or unlink your OnBoard ID to another one of these providers.
Make sure to log out of your existing email account(s): Google or Windows Live, before beginning this process.
Linking the OnBoard ID to a Federated Identity Provider
1. Once you have created your OnBoard ID, you can then choose to link or unlink this account to another identity provider (Google or Microsoft). To link an account, click your name in the Navigation Menu on the left side of the screen. From here, you can choose to link to one of the Federated Identity Providers.
2. Once at your profile, the 2 Federated Identity Providers (Google & Microsoft) icons will be available to link to your OnBoard ID.
3. Select which provider you would like to link to your OnBoard ID account. We will use Google for this example.
4. Once you have selected the provider to link to, a confirmation message will appear to verify you want to link the account, as well as detailing instructions on how to finish the linking process.
5. Log back in to Google (or the identity provider you selected).
6. You will be taken back to your profile page, where you can now see that the accounts have been linked.
Logging out of OnBoard with a Linked Identity Provider
Now that the OnBoard ID has been linked to another identity provider, the log out process is two-fold.
1. Click 'Log Out'
2. You will then be taken to this screen to completely log out. Choose the authentication provider used to log in to OnBoard. Since Google was used as the example, we will select the 'Google' button.
3. After selecting the Google button, we will then be redirected to log back in to Google, thus completing the logging out process.
UnLinking the OnBoard ID
1. Log in to OnBoard using your OnBoard ID or one of the identity providers.
2. Once logged in, go to your profile page by clicking your name in Navigation Menu.
3. Choose to 'Unlink' the Federated Identity Provider from your OnBoard ID. We will choose to unlink Google, as that has been our example.
4. You can now see from the profile page that the account has been unlinked.
Click 'Ok' to finish the unlinking process.
Logging out of OnBoard
1. Logging out of OnBoard when no Federated Identity Accounts are linked is as simple as clicking 'Log Out' from the Navigation Menu.