This article details how current OnBoard users will log on with their existing federated identity provider to create an OnBoard ID. Instructions will be given from a web browser perspective.
Existing OnBoard Users:
1. Make sure to log out of your existing email account(s): Google, Yahoo, or Windows Live before beginning this process.
2. Do NOT login with the OnBoard ID first! It is essential to logon with your existing account and then create an OnBoard ID. Please read the article, linked below, if you created your OnBoard ID before logging in with your existing account.
1. Navigate to OnBoard and log in using your existing Federated Identity Provider (Google, Yahoo, or Windows Live).
We will use Google for this example.
Note: If you have multiple accounts, please make sure to sign in with the account used to access OnBoard.
2. After you have entered your Google credentials and signed in. You will then be required to create your OnBoard ID and password.
2a. Your first name, last name, and email address will be filled in based off of your existing profile.
- This email address will become your OnBoard ID. Please make sure the email address you enter is one that you have control of and trust.
- This OnBoard ID will be used to help restore access to OnBoard in the event that your password is lost, stolen, or simply forgotten. Read this article for more information- Recovering a lost or forgotten password
- If you are unable to change your email at this point, this just means that it has already been validated. Don't worry! Your OnBoard ID can easily be changed later. Read this article for more information- How To: Change your OnBoard ID
2b. Once all information is filled out, click 'Create Account' to finish creating your OnBoard ID.
ATTENTION: If you have not validated your email address, the wording on the screen above will be different and display 'OnBoard ID Setup', as shown in the screenshot below. Follow steps 3-4 to complete the setup.
3. Fill out all fields and click 'Create OnBoard ID'.
4. Activation Required. Go to the email address entered in Step 3 and click the activation link.
NOTE: This link will expire within 48 hours. This process will need to be repeated if the activation link is not accessed during that time period.
5. Congratulations! You have successfully migrated your existing account to an OnBoard ID. You should now see your list of organizations.
NOTE: If you do not receive this email, please follow this article to allow the appropriate URLs through your Firewall.
6. The next time you log in to OnBoard, you can select between using your OnBoard ID or your existing Federated Identity Provider (Google, Yahoo, or Windows Live).